2018 Mountain Edge Defender's Tourney
March 10th, 2018
Are you a heavy fighter? A rapier combatant? The Shire of Mountain Edge welcomes all to our 14th Defenders Tourney where there will be competition to choose our heavy armored combat and rapier Defenders. Our March council meeting will be held right after our moot to invest the defenders.
We have co-autocrats for the tourney: Sora the Broken Hearted and Tamar the Serene. Please contact Sora the Broken Hearted in advance if you plan to compete. This is not required but will make it easier for the current Defenders to design this year’s fighting scenarios.
Sora the Broken-Hearted
Tamar the Serene
RUles & Rewards
- The livery shall be the Defender’s to wear for the year he/she is the Defender.
- The Defender will be granted free entry to any event the Shire of Mt. Edge sponsors or co-sponsors for the year he/she hold the title.
- A competitor must have current proof of membership in the SCA.
- The Shire discourages dual Defenderships (although we admire your prowess).
- The Defender may not compete to win two years in a row.
- The Defender shall maintain the livery in a reasonable manner and return it at next year’s Defender tourney. If tailoring or repairs are needed please let us know.
- The Defender will help plan next year’s tournament.
- The Defender agrees to attend the following years Defenders Tournament to relinquish the livery and title.
Schedule and ActivitIes
9:00 Site Opens
11:00 Armor Inspection
11:30 Armored Tourney begins
Immediately after the Armored tourney ends, Rapier equipment inspection and then the Rapier tourney begins.
6:00 Site Closes. Please have all your effects cleared by this time.
A&S – bring anything that you’re working on.
Enjoy the company of other artisans. Tables are available for your projects.
An experienced knitter will be on-site.
Games and pastimes.
Some children’s activities.
A light lunch will be served mid-day and a dessert just before closing moot.
Site Fees and Location
Yamhill Valley Heritage Center
11275 SW Durham Lane
McMinnville, OR 97128
The site fee includes beverages, snacks and a light lunch. A dessert will be served just prior to closing Moot/Defender investiture. Disposable feast gear will be provided.
Adult Members - $10 (must show proof of membership)
Adult Non-Members - $15
Under 18 – free!
Please make checks payable to “Shire of Mountain Edge, SCA Inc.”.
From the North: Take 99W through Newberg towards McMinnville. Turn left onto Highway 18. After passing the 99W exit, turn left onto Durham Lane. The Heritage Center is on the right. (It is on the corner of Durham Lane and Highway 18 – Three big buildings with rusting farm equipment out front.)
From the South: Take 99W towards McMinnville turn left on Durham Lane (if you get to the city proper you have gone too far.) Go down Durham Lane until you see the Heritage Center on the left. (If you get to Highway 18 you have just passed it).
We are in the Activities Building – the one straight back from the entrance. Look for a banner on the entrance door.