The Feast of St. Crispins
October 21, 2017
On October 25, 1415, the English, under the command of Henry-V, won a decisive, crushing victory against the French. After the metaphorical dust had settled, Henry reportedly promised that not a year should pass when St. Crispin's Day should cease to be remembered. Therefore, we at Mt. Edge, are minded to observe that day in history. We honor this tradition every October with a grand feast. We will also be holding our monthly Council meeting towards the end of the evening - all are welcome to attend!
As usual, we hold our Arts-and-Sciences Defender's Tournament at this event! If interested in entering, please have your projects ready. If interested in entering, please bring a recent A&S project and share your expertise and passion for your subject. Our Shire Archery, Thrown Weapons, and Youth Armored Combat Defenders will be chosen at this event in 2017 due to the cancellation of Acorn War.
What you're expected to bring depends on the origin of your persona. Please see below for the expected lineup of dishes, and if you have any questions or suggestions, please contact the event steward!
The details of 2017's feast have not been decided as of yet - check back for further updates!
This event has no associated fees for both members and non-members, but we encourage everyone to bring a non-perishable donation to the local food bank.
Feast Dishes & SITE Amenities
The details of the 2017 feast have yet to be annouced! Check back for further details.
There are outlets available for crock-pots. Otherwise, this site has no available cooking or kitchen facilities - please plan in advance! This is a dry site. Alcohol cannot be brought or consumed during the festivities.
One of the fun parts of an A&S event is classes! There's always room for more classes, so if you have an idea for one, please contact the Event Steward.
- The livery shall be the Defender’s to wear for the year he/she is the Defender.
- The Defender will be granted free entry to any event the Shire of Mt. Edge sponsors or co-sponsors for the year he/she hold the title.
- A competitor must have current proof of membership in the SCA.
- The Shire discourages dual Defenderships (although we admire your prowess).
- The Defender may not compete to win two years in a row.
- The Defender shall maintain the livery in a reasonable manner and return it at next year’s Defender tourney. If tailoring or repairs are needed please let us know.
- The Defender will help plan next year’s tournament.
- The Defender agrees to attend the following years Defenders Tournament to relinquish the livery and title.
11275 SW Durham Lane, McMinnville, OR 97128
From the North Take 99W through Newberg towards McMinnville. Turn left onto Highway 18. Durham Lane is on the left after the 99W exit. The Heritage Center is on the right. (It is on the corner of Durham Lane and Highway 18 – Three big buildings with rusting farm equipment out front.)
From the South Take 99W towards McMinnville turn left on Durham Lane (if you get to the city proper you have gone too far.) Go down Durham Lane until you see the Heritage Center on the left. (If you get to Highway 18 you have just past it).
We are in the Activities Building – the one straight back from the entrance.